Forms, Fees and Guidance
To request planning application forms to be sent by post, telephone - 01263 516154.
- Application fee charges (pdf 34KB)
- NNDC Fee charges for pre-application advice. (95kb)
- NNDC Planning administration & copying charges (pdf 59KB)
- NNDC Design and Access Statements and Heritage Statements - How to read, write and use them. (pdf 55KB)
- For developers, NNDC standard terms for Section 106 Agreements relating to affordable housing .
If you are not the sole owner of the application site/property, you must serve one of the following notices on all other owners/tenants:-
- Notice No.1 - Householder Application
- Notice No.1 - Other Applications where Certificate B or C is completed
- Notice No.2 - Other Applications where Certificate C or D is completed
- Non Material Amendment Application Notice
If you need to apply for two consent types, e.g. planning permission and listed building consent, use one of the 'combined' forms, but note that the Council will allocate two application numbers, one for each type of consent.
If you can't decide between using a Householder or Full Planning Permission application form, see Planning Portal advice for the householder form (pdf) and for the Full Planning Permission form (pdf).
The Requirements column below, contains a checklist of the requirements the application may have to satisfy before it can be validated. The conditions when requirements are needed for a particular type of application are now included.
The application forms below should be printed and filled in manually.
|Application Form Description||The Form||Portal Help||Requirements|
|1 - Householder Application for planning permission for works or extension to a dwelling (6 page form)||536KB||40KB||63KB|
|2 - Householder Application for planning permission for works or extension to a dwelling and conservation area consent (6 page form)||537KB||41KB||64KB|
|3 - Householder application for planning permission for works or extension to a dwelling and listed building consent for alterations, extension or demolition of a listed building (7 page form)||541KB||55KB||63KB|
|Full Planning Permission|
|4 - Application for non householder planning permission Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (10 page form)||572KB||74KB||70KB|
|7 - Application for planning permission and conservation area consent for demolition in a conservation area (10 page form)||572KB||75KB||71KB|
|8 - Application for planning permission and listed building consent for alterations, extension or demolition of a listed building (11 page form)||577KB||83KB||73KB|
|9 - Application for planning permission and consent to display an advertisement(s) (11 page form)||581KB||79KB||72KB|
|5 - Application for outline planning permission with some matters reserved (10 page form)||575KB||74KB||76KB|
|6 - Application for outline planning permission with all matters reserved (8 page form)||564KB||46KB||73KB|
|Reserved Matters / Removal or Variation on Conditions / Extension of Time Limits|
|23 - Application for approval of reserved matters following outline approval (4 page form)||527KB||31KB||57KB|
|25 - Application for removal or variation of a condition following grant of planning permission (5 page form)||530KB||16KB||62KB|
|27 - Application for approval of details reserved by condition (3 page form)||525KB||15KB||54KB|
|33 - Application for a New Planning Permission to replace an Extant Planning Permission, Associated Listed Building and/or Conservation Area Consents in Order to Extend the Time Limit for Implementation (The 6 page form not available for online applications yet.)||312KB||44KB||NNDC guidance 15KB|
|Conservation Area Consent, Listed Building Consent, Tree Works for TPO or in a Conservation Area|
|10 - Application for conservation area consent for demolition in a conservation area (4 page form)||530KB||30KB||60KB|
|11 - Application for listed building consent for alterations, extension or demolition of a listed building (6 page form)||538KB||39KB||61KB|
|32 - Application for listed building consent for alterations, extensions or demolition of a listed building and consent to display an advertisement(s) - not yet available||-||-||-|
31 - Application for tree works: Works to Trees Subject to a Tree Preservation Order (TPO) and/or Notification of Proposed Works to Trees in Conservation Areas (CA) (4 page form)
Post to Conservation, Design and Landscape, at the address on the form. Queries to 01263 516165, or email@example.com
|12 - Application for consent to display an advertisement(s) (4 page form)||533KB||22KB||60KB|
|13 - Application for consent to display an advertisement and Application for listed building consent - not yet available||-||-||-|
|Lawful Development Certificate|
|14 - Application for a Lawful Development Certificate for an Existing use or operation or activity including those in breach of a planning condition (5 page form)||543KB||36KB||53KB|
|15 - Application for a Lawful Development Certificate for a Proposed use or development (4 page form)||528KB||19KB||52KB|
|20 - Application form for prior notification of proposed development in respect of permitted development by telecommunications code systems operators (3 page form)||524KB||20KB||63KB|
|21 - Application for Hedgerow Removal Notice (3 page form). Post to Conservation, Design and Landscape, at the address on the form. Queries to 01263 516165, or firstname.lastname@example.org||524KB||25KB||54KB|
|22 - Application for prior notification of proposed demolition (3 page form)||524KB||16KB||63KB|
|16 - Application for prior notification of proposed agricultural or forestry development – proposed building (3 page form)||526KB||17KB||58KB|
|17 - Application for prior notification of proposed agricultural or forestry development – proposed road (3 page form)||524KB||16KB||63KB|
|18 - Application for prior notification of proposed agricultural or forestry development – excavation/waste material (3 page form)||525KB||16KB||63KB|
|19 - Application for prior notification of proposed agricultural or forestry development – proposed fish tank (cage) (3 page form)||524KB||16KB||63KB|
|34 - Application for a Non-material Amendment Following a Grant of Planning Permission (4 page form not available for online applications yet.)||255KB||30KB||NNDC guidance 27KB|
- Please be aware that your application, including accompanying plans and documents, will almost certainly be made available for viewing from these web pages.
- If you do not wish your name to appear in the application details on the website, please request this in writing, and submit it with your application.
- We require your signature (unless you are applying online), your application form, application documents, payment, and clear and accurate copies of your plans. Forms should be filled in clearly and correctly.
- See the Planning Portal Guidance document for the maps and plans that need to be submitted with planning applications.
- Please do not submit drawings or plans:
* on semi translucent paper
* which have a blotchy background
* with outlines drawn in faint pencil or light grey
* on a coloured background, especially if the drawing includes colour
* with several detailed drawings on one A0 sheet (as the scanned image file can be too large for viewing on the web).
- Please include the scale for every drawing
- Building Control forms are available here.
Ordnance Survey SuppliersNorth Norfolk District Council is no longer authorised to sell Ordnance Survey maps for planning application site location plans.
Every planning application needs a site location plan and block plan showing the location and boundaries of the site you are planning to work on. You can use the Planning Portal’s ‘Buy a Plan’ service to ensure that you meet our requirements, whether you are a planning professional or first-time applicant.
CLICK HERE to “Buy a Plan” from Planning Portal accredited suppliers
The following local suppliers may be able to provide the maps for site location plans and block plans. Note that the presence of a supplier name on the list does not imply a recommendation by the Council.
- JARROLD, OFFICE STATIONERY& COMPUTER STORE, Exchange Street, Norwich
Telephone: 01603 697252
Able to supply: A4 in 1:2500 & 1:500
- TRIDENT MAPS, Tibbenham House, 112 - 114 Thorpe Road, Norwich, NR1 1RT
Telephone: 01603 762799
Able to supply: A4 IN 1:2500 & 1:500
Order and pay by telephone, sent out via e-mail or post (p&p charge)
Can be collected while you wait
Application or Appeal Enquiries: 01263 516150 / 516151 / 516143 / 516167
Enforcement Enquiries: 01263 516247 / 516228