This committee replaced the temporary Combined Committee arrangements which operated from 1 January 2010 to 8 July 2010 and the earlier Development Control Committee (East) and Development Control Committee (West).
On each of the Committee pages below, you will find a link to the names of committee members, and a list of imminent or recent meeting dates. Click on the dates for the documents relating to those meetings.
- Development Committee for meetings from 8 July 2010 onwards
- Development Control Committee for the West of the district (includes Combined Committee from January to June 2010)
- Development Control Committee for the East of the district (includes Combined Committee from January to June 2010)
For any meeting you can view the following PDF documents:
- Agenda documents - contain a summary of matters to be discussed at the meeting. The page numbers alongside headings, refer to pages in the report document where full details are shown.
- Report documents include:
- Planning officer's full reports for planning applications to be decided by the committee, with recommended reasons for refusal or conditions to be attached to an approval,
- a list of applications determined by officers under delegated powers',
- information on appeals - new appeals, progress and decisions.
- Result documents - contain a list of decisions made at the meeting. These will appear soon after the meeting.
- Minutes documents - include reasons for refusal and conditions attached to an approval, for committee decisions.
The documents will appear on the website as follows:
- Agenda and Reports will appear one week before the meeting.
- The Results of the meeting will appear on the day following the meeting.
- The Minutes will appear on the day following the meeting at which they are approved, ie the minutes for the Development Committee meeting of 1st March will be available on 30th March, following approval at the meeting on 29th March.
For dates and times of meetings, see the Programme of Council Meetings on the Council's Committees Page.
Speaking at Meetings
The public are allowed to speak at the Development Committee. One person may speak for the proposal, and another may speak against the proposal. A leaflet containing details of the system for public speaking at Committees is available at the Environmental Services Reception, or can be viewed or downloaded below:
Enforcement Enquiries: 01263 516247 / 516228