- What is Building Control
Building Control regulations ensure that building work is carried out to a high standard in the interest of the health, safety and welfare of the occupiers, users and the public at large.
- Building Regulations
The Building Regulations explain definitions, procedures, and what is expected in terms of the technical performance of building work.
- Getting Approval
If you are intending to carry out building work on a new or existing property, find out how to get approval under Building Regulations.
- Application Forms
Get the application forms you need, and find out the charges, for applying for approval for your building work under the Building Regulations.
- Contacts & Booking Inspections
Need to talk to someone about whether you need approval under Building Regulations, or to book and inspection of work you've done? Here's how to contact the Building Control team.
- Guidance Notes
You should always talk to the Building Control team for advice before doing any building work. But here are some guidance notes to help you understand the process.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Got a question about Building Control and the Building Regulations? The answer might be here.
- Latest Building Control News
The latest news from the Building Control department.
- Planning & Design
- Building Control
- Conservation and design
- Planning Policy
- Street and Property Naming and Numbering
- Planning Applications, Appeals & Enforcement
- Obtaining Planning Permission
- Trees and Landscape
- Local Land Charges
- North Norfolk District Council to appeal wind turbine planning decision - 13 May 2013
- Building Excellence award wins for North Norfolk District Council - 30 April 2013
- Opportunity to comment on development plans for Holt site - 09 April 2013
- Building excellence in the spotlight at regional awards - 11 March 2013
- North Norfolk District Council rebuffs Parliamentary criticism - 07 November 2012