FAQs & Useful Websites
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Norfolk Planning Authorities
- Breckland Council Planning and Building Control
- Broadland District Council Planning
- Broads Authority Planning
- Great Yarmouth Borough Council
- Kings Lynn and West Norfolk Borough Council Planning
- Norfolk County Council Planning (You may have to refresh this page - F5 in Internet Explorer - so it displays correctly.)
- Norwich City Council Planning
- South Norfolk District Council Planning
- Norfolk Mapping - Where I Live - Norfolk County Council
- Norfolk e-map explorer - Historical Maps - Norfolk County Council
Other Planning related web pages
- The ARCHIVED website for the Commision for Architecture and the Built Environment CABE was the government’s advisor on architecture, urban design and public space from 1999 until the end of 2010.
- Commonwealth Association of Planners (CAP) is concerned with the planning and management of settlements and regions across the Commonwealth. CAP is a forum for creative ideas and practical action to make healthy, attractive and competitive towns, cities and regions.
- Communities and Local Government (DCLG) has a section devoted to planning, building and the environment.
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) is responsible for Government policy on the historic environment, including the listing of historic buildings and scheduling of ancient monuments. (Pages now under Review.)
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)
- Department for Transport
- Environment Agency is the leading public body for protecting and improving the environment in England and Wales.
- Environment Agency Standing Advice for Development and Flood Risk - England
- Natural England is the Government agency that champions the conservation of wildlife and geology throughout England.
- Flooding & Flood Risk - Environment Agency pages
- Forestry Commission of Great Britain is the government department responsible for the protection and expansion of Britain's forests and woodlands.
- Government Planning Policy - The Planning Portal Policy & Legislation section provides access to the chief planning legislation produced by the government as well as other planning related documents, reports and statistics.
- Greener Homes - Guidance for householders; providing advice on planning and building regulation matters for green energy products and energy saving. (Planning Portal page)
- Land Register Online
- Local Authority Building Control Services (LABC) aims to provide a readily accessible national structure, which maintains, promotes and enhances the goals and objectives of local authority building control.
- MAGIC - Interactive maps to bring together geographic information on key environment schemes and designations. A partnership project involving eight government organisations who have responsibilities for rural policy-making and services.
- MAPS purchasing online from Ordnance Survey. You can search by place name or postcode.
- Norfolk County Council Environment, Transport and Development page.
- Planning Portal - Do you need permission? - advice and case studies for common building work projects for the home, from the Planning Portal
- Planning Inspectorate works for the DCLG and the National Assembly for Wales on a range of casework under Planning and Environmental legislation.
- Planning Portal offers a wide range of services and guidance on the planning system, including Building Control regulations.
- Royal Town Planning Institute exists to advance the science and art of town planning for the benefit of the public.