The team also produces the quarterly Outlook magazine for North Norfolk residents, as well as meeting the council's in-house design and branding business needs.
Wells Tourist Information Centre to be run by local community Trust
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) and Wells Maltings Trust (‘the Trust’) are pleased to announce that they are very close to finalising a service level agreement to enable the Trust to manage the Tourist Information Centre (TIC) service in Wells-next-the-Sea. Both parties are confident that the agreement will be signed and in force by 25 March 2013, the advertised re-opening date for Wells TIC after the winter closure.
NNDC will be assisting the Trust with the training of volunteers, to ensure the current high service levels are maintained, and will also be making a financial contribution towards the running costs of the TIC for five years, as the enterprise embeds itself within the community and establishes financial sustainability.
NNDC Cabinet Member for Customer Services, Russell Wright, said, “NNDC is keen to encourage localism where there are clear benefits for the local community, which we certainly believe is the case in this exciting initiative. We look forward to continuing to work with the Maltings Trust and the wider community of Wells-next-the-Sea, and we are sure that Wells TIC will go from strength to strength under its new management.”
Pete Lynn, Chair of the Board for Wells Maltings Trust, said, “The TIC in Staithe Street plays a pivotal role in the experience of visitors to Wells-next-the-Sea and the Trust is delighted to be able, with NNDC's support, to run and develop the service so that it remains for years to come a valued and ever-improving asset for the town.”
- So you want to be a rock star? - 05 April 2013
- Last chance to sign up to see if you can save money on gas and electricity bills with the BIG Switch and Save…..and find out more about your own energy use from the ‘Energy Box’ - 02 April 2013
- North Norfolk beach huts and chalets – get 50% off weekly hire - 02 April 2013
- Cromer tourist hot spots set for springtime spruce up - 26 March 2013
- The BIG Switch and Save – just two more weeks in which to sign up to see if you can save money on gas and electricity bills - 22 March 2013