The team also produces the quarterly Outlook magazine for North Norfolk residents, as well as meeting the council's in-house design and branding business needs.
Council set to approve housing strategy to support vulnerable residents
Helping vulnerable people to live independently in the community is the subject of the third and final part of the North Norfolk Housing Strategy 2012-15 to be considered by North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) Cabinet at its meeting on Monday 15 October.
Cabinet is being recommended to approve the document, which is the third stage of the strategy, the first two stages (‘Supporting the delivery of new homes and infrastructure’ and ‘Making best use of existing housing stock’) having been considered previously.
Cabinet Members will be told that while the majority of people are able to live independently without the need for assistance, some need help to find accommodation, and others will need support, for example, to address a reduction in mobility, or health or following bereavement. An action plan has been prepared to show how the council intends to support those in such need.
The North Norfolk Housing Strategy 2012-15 is a comprehensive document set out in a suite of three documents, reflecting the Council’s corporate objectives.
NNDC Cabinet Member for Strategic Housing, Trevor Ivory, said, “This is the third of three very important documents that together form the council’s strategic approach to housing. We have said that it is our aim that ‘everyone in North Norfolk should have the opportunity to buy or rent a decent home at a price they can afford in a community where they want to live or work,’ and we intend to do all we can to make that possible.”
The District-wide Housing Needs Survey 2006/7 showed that
- 23% of households in the District had one or more members with a defined support need (in similar surveys elsewhere this has been 13-14%)
- 19% of households had one member with a support need, while 3% had two members with a support need and a further 1% had more than two members with a support need
- 14% households had a member with a single support need, while 8% households had a member with multiple support needs
- Only 23% of the households with a support need live in properties that have been specifically adapted for a disabled member
- Call for entries for North Norfolk Environment Award 2013 - 17 May 2013
- North Norfolk District Council to appeal wind turbine planning decision - 13 May 2013
- North Norfolk District Council to re-launch an even bigger Big Society Fund - 03 May 2013
- Building Excellence award wins for North Norfolk District Council - 30 April 2013
- North Walsham rocks! - 19 April 2013