The team also produces the quarterly Outlook magazine for North Norfolk residents, as well as meeting the council's in-house design and branding business needs.
Communities to benefit from North Norfolk's Big Society Fund
Cabinet Members of North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) are being recommended to approve grants totalling £22,000 from the Council’s Big Society Fund, when it meets on Monday 15 October.
Second round applications in the large grant (over £10,000) section of the Big Society fund have now been considered. Cabinet is to be asked to approve a pledge for a grant of up to £10,000 to Erpingham Parish Council in support of its ambitious plans for sporting facilities in the village, and for funding of up to £12,000 to be provided to the National Coastwatch Institution based at Mundesley to aid the development of a new Coastwatch facility at East Runton. A number of applicants unsuccessful in this round have been asked to review their applications for future reconsideration.
Trevor Ivory, NNDC Cabinet Member for Localism and the Big Society, said, “Communities right across North Norfolk have come forward with innovative projects seeking support from the fund and it’s always hard to turn anyone down. As a council we are delighted to support those that we are sure will improve our local communities and we look forward to excellent projects continuing to come forward.
“There is £450,000 available in total for 2012/13. This is the second round of funding this year, and we hope there will be two more. We are already accepting applications for round three and would urge communities to send us their ideas.”
Trevor Ivory continued, “The idea behind the Big Society Fund is to support projects that strengthen our communities. It is about getting funding straight to the frontline and directly into the hands of those with good ideas about what they want to see happen in their town or village.”
More information about NNDC’s Big Society Fund can be found at www.northnorfolk.org/community/9687.asp
Applications can be made via www.norfolkfoundation.com/North-Norfolk-Big-Society-Fund.htm
- Following the first round of the North Norfolk Big Society Fund, small grants totalling £81,776 were awarded to 14 projects and large grants totalling £58,000 to three projects
- The second round of applications closed on 17 August. Thirty-one applications were received for small grant funding (totalling £181,345.16) and six applications for large grant funding (totalling £199,866.78), making an overall total of £381,211.94
- The Big Society Board has now considered this round of small grant applications and will provide an update to Cabinet at its meeting on 15 October
- The North Norfolk Big Society Fund is administered by Norfolk Community Foundation on behalf of North Norfolk District Council
- Call for entries for the Graham Allen Award 2013 - 22 May 2013
- Council gallery hosts new exhibition - 22 May 2013
- Four of the best for North Norfolk's award winning beaches - 22 May 2013
- Plaque presentation for Community Gym Committees - 21 May 2013
- Call for entries for North Norfolk Environment Award 2013 - 17 May 2013