What is housing support?
Support is available to help vulnerable individuals and families access housing-related services to enable them to live independently in the community.
What support could I receive?
Housing-related support services do not include personal care services like help with washing or dressing but do include:
- Help filling in applications for benefit
- Help managing your budget
- Help planning meals, cleaning, laundry and shopping
- Help keeping to your tenancy conditions
- Help establishing social contacts and activities
- Emotional support
- Advice and advocacy, ranging from managing medication to using public transport
Am I eligible?
Support is available to individuals aged 16 or over as well as families. People likely to receive support include:
- Older people
- Those with physical or learning disabilities
- Those with mental health problems
- Those with drug and alcohol-related problems
- Women and their families fleeing domestic violence
- Homeless people
If you think you need, or would benefit from supported housing, please contact North Norfolk District Council’s Housing Options team on 01263 516375.
Eligibility will usually be determined by the landlord organisation or the support provider. Some supported housing (sheltered housing and housing with care) is allocated through the North Norfolk Housing Register ‘Your Choice Your Home’ scheme.
Floating and outreach support
Floating and outreach support is mainly provided in north Norfolk by:
Stonham Homestay provides a floating support service in north Norfolk. The Council’s Housing Options team can refer you, or you can apply direct by contacting 0845 1550390.
The British Red Cross provides an outreach support service for older people in north Norfolk. The Council’s Housing Options team can refer you, or you can apply direct by contacting 0844 8937779.
Emergency out-of-hours: 01223 849782
- National Debtline 0808 808 4000 www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/
- Debt Advice 0800 043 40 50 http://www.debtadvicefoundation.org/
- Consumer Credit Counselling Service 0800 138 1111 http://www.stepchange.org/
- Citizens Advice Bureau Debtline 01603 679678 www.adviceguide.org.uk/
- Community Legal Advice 0845 3454 345 https://www.gov.uk/legal-aid/overview
- Credit Action www.creditaction.org.uk/
- Money Advice Service www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk
- Advice Gateway http://www.myadvicegateway.org/GATEWAY
- Fool Money Advice www.fool.co.uk/
- Advice UK 020 7407 4070 www.adviceuk.org.uk/
- Chill4us (a forum for Carers and ex Carers) http://www.chill4us.com/news/index.php