About Council Tax
- What is Council Tax?
Council tax is a local tax, set by each local authority, to pay towards the provision of local services for the whole community.
- How much is my Council Tax?
The amount you pay depends on where you live, and what council tax band your property is in. Find out the total amount here.
- Charges & Banding
The amount you pay is based upon the property band into which your home falls and the level of tax set for each band.
- Who should pay Council Tax
Find out who should be paying the council tax bill.
- How Council Tax is spent on Local Services
Only about 9 per cent of your council tax comes to North Norfolk District Council. The rest goes mainly to Norfolk County Council and the police, and about 2 per cent to town and parish councils. Find out more.
If you think you are not liable for council tax or that we have made a mistake calculating your bill, you can appeal.
- Council responds to criticism from Tax Payers’ Alliance - 21 February 2013
- Deliberate debtors can expect a visit from a bailiff - 11 November 2010
- £100k saved by reducing sickness absence - 05 July 2010
- Conviction for benefit fraud - 17 June 2010
- Prison sentence for benefits fraudster - 28 May 2010