Decision Making & Committee Structure
- Decision Making
How Councillors get involved in decision-making through the various Committees that have been set up.
- Key Decisions and Cabinet Work Programme
This Plan contains details of those matters which the Leader of the Council has reason to believe will be the subject of a key decision to be taken.
How decisions that councillors and officers make are scrutinised and tested.
The Constitution sets out how the council operates, how decisions are made and the procedures which are followed.
- Corporate Governance
Governance is about how local government bodies ensure that they are doing the right things, in the right way for everyone, in a timely, inclusive, open, honest and accountable manner.
- Cabinet Membership & Portfolios
Which councillors sit on the Cabinet, and what their portfolio responsibilities are.
- Chairman of the Council
The council elects its Chairman and Vice-Chairman each year. The Chairman chairs the meetings of the Full Council and represents the council at civic events inside and outside North Norfolk.
- Calendar of Meetings
See when NNDCís Full Council and committees meet. Most of these meetings will be at the councilís head office on Holt Road, Cromer.
North Norfolk District Councillors sit on committees tasked with having discussions and making decisions on a range of issues. Most of these committees are open to the public.
- Executive Arrangements
Details on how the Council is governed
One of the ways that people can get involved in the democratic process is by signing petitions. The council welcomes petitions and recognises that petitions are one way in which people can let us know their concerns.
- Private Meetings of the Cabinet
How confidential information will be considered at cabinet meetings
- Council & Democracy
- Council Information
- Decision Making & Committee Structure
- Electoral Services
- Parish, Town & Neighbouring Councils
- Council Jobs & Employment
- Customer Services
- Legal Services
- Norfolk County Council Elections - make sure you're registered! - 20 March 2013
- Council responds to criticism from Tax Payersí Alliance - 21 February 2013
- Council announces new Deputy Leader - 29 January 2013
- Cromer Town District by-election - 21 February 2013 - 10 January 2013
- North Norfolk District Council rebuffs Parliamentary criticism - 07 November 2012