North Norfolk's beaches offer a wonderful setting for beach parties and barbeques but organisers need to be mindful of other beach users and adhere to the following guidelines and requirements for such events.
Beach barbeques/parties are only permitted on the following beaches;
- EAST RUNTON
- WEST RUNTON
- SEA PALLING
- SHERINGHAM East and West
Each of these beaches has a designated barbeque/party zone. Click the link on each area above to show map of designated area. (To be added shortly)
For a party of 12 people or fewer then you may hold your barbeque at any time but only within the designated area. Where 13 or more people wish to get together for a barbeque party they are required to gain permission from the Council after giving seven days prior notice. The Council will ensure the Police, Coastguards and relevant Town/Parish Council are notified of your event.
All organisers of beach parties/barbeques need to be aware of the following restrictions and obligations:
- No glass or glass utensils shall be used at the event or taken to the beach
- No open fires! Including bonfires or camp fires due to the health and safety risk.
- All rubbish and litter is to be cleared away fromt he beach directly after the event and taken qaway with you.
- Noise should be kept to a minimum. Music and generators are not permitted.
- Please do not bury rubbish in the sand where it may cause a health & safety hazard to other beach users.
- Please do not bury portable/disposable BBQs in the sand where they cause problems for future beach users. Extinguish/cool such BBQs and take them home with you
- Car parking charges as posted will apply if using any Council car park whilst attending any event, BBQ or private function.
- The event shall be entirely at the owners risk. The Council will accept no liability in respect of any claim whatsoever that may arise in respect of any injury, loss or damamge direct or indirect suffered by the organiser, the club or any individual attending the event.
- We cannot guarantee that your party will have exclusive use of the designated area.
- At least one responsible adult to be in attendance at all times.
In addition to the above, byelaws also apply to any party over 12 people. If your event is expected to include more than 12 people then further details of the byelaws and an application form, (which needs to be completed and sent to NNDC at least 7 days prior to the event) is needed.