Small Business Rate Relief
You may be entitled to a reduction of your Non Domestic Rate charge if your business occupies a Non Domestic Rated property with a Rateable Value of less than than £18,000. If you have more than one Non Domestic Rated property you may still be eligible to this relief if:
- All other properties have a Rateable Value of less than £2,600 each and
- The Rateable Value of your main property plus all other properties totals less than £18,000 .
Small Business Rate Relief will only be granted to your main property - the one with the highest Rateable Value.
Empty properties do not qualify for Small Business Rate Relief.
Ratepayers in receipt of mandqatory charitable rate relief or rural rate relief do not qualify for Small Business Rate Relief.
- Properties with a rateable value below £6000 receive a 100% reduction on the Non Domestic Rate charge. This will decrease on a sliding scale by 1% for every £60 rateable value between £6001 and £11,999.
- Properties with a rateable value between £12,000 and £17,999 will not receive an additional rate reduction, but will pay rates based on the lower multiplier of 46.2p (rather than 47.1p).
Should your circumstances change, such as occupation of an additional property or an increase in Rateable Value, you must notify us within 4 weeks or you could lose your relief entitlement.
It is a criminal offence to provide false information when applying for Small Business Rate Relief. If you do so you could be fined, imprisoned or both.
Please ensure you have read the Guidance Notes carefully before submitting an application.
- National Non-Domestic (Business) Rates