Benefits for those of pensionable age
- Guarantee Credit – this guarantees a minimum level of income to anyone of qualifying age.
- Savings Credit – this is an award for pensioners over 65 who have savings or a second pension.
It is possible to receive either, or a combination of both of these
If you are eligible for Guarantee Credit, you will automatically be entitled to the maximum level of Housing and/or Council Tax benefit (unless anyone else other than your partner lives in your household). If you receive Savings Credit only, you may qualify for a full or partial award. Please be aware that any claim for Housing and Council Tax Benefit must be made separately to your Pension Credit claim.
You can make an application for Pension Credit in one of the following ways:
- Telephoning the Pension Service on free phone 0800 991234
- Telephoning a textphone on 0800 169 0133 if you have speech or hearing difficulties
- Via the Pension Service website