A whole host of participatory classes, workshops and courses for adults are offered in and around North Norfolk in village halls, community centres, working studios and on location. For information about one-off workshops search our online Events Diary.
- Pottery at Cawston Village Hall with Phil Arthur (contact 01603 279687)
- Malcolm Flatman offers intensive one-to-one throwing lessons for beginners and improvers (3 hours) at Sutton Pottery. Contact Malcolm Flatman 01692 580595
- Patchwork and Quilting at Sew Creative, Wroxham Barns. Contact Sylvia Graham on 01603 781665
Or you could try making rag rugs in North Creake with Yvonne Autie (contact 01328 738131)
- Stained Glass tuition on a one-to-one basis is available with Chris White (contact 01263 821999)
- Also visit Norfolk Contemporary Craft Society
Art and Craft Courses at Broadland Arts (including printmaking and sculpture) led by highly qualified tutors in an informal, friendly and stimulating environment in the Norfolk Broads. Contact 01702 475361 or 01692 536486 Email
Art at Upper Sheringham: weekly drawing and painting classes for adults with a varied programme tutored by Bob Larking MA at Upper Sheringham Village Hall on Weds and Thurs 10am-1m. Also ongoing classes/workshops in other parts of the county. Call Bob on 01362 668941
Painting, Drawing & Printing classes
There are ongoing Drawing and Painting classes at Cawston, Aylsham, Fakenham, Holt and Sheringham with all classes to restart after Easter during the week beginning 23rd April and continuing for ten week terms through the year. Additional class 'How to make and print linoprints' course at Marsham Village Hall on April 2nd and 3rd, cost £60.
For more information contact Clementina Sutton on 01603 872441
- Art Club at First Focus in Fakenham (contact 01328 855083)
- Craft of Painting Art Classes in Langham with Bob Brandt (contact 01328 830056)
Courses for Leisure and Pleasure Painting, drawing, textiles, jewellery making and stained glass workshops/courses in the Fakenham and North Norfolk area suitable for complete beginners or more experienced adults - all workshops taught by experienced and qualified tutors. Contact Christine Chalk on 01328 853695, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual art classes at your convenience Tutored by Kirsty O'Leary-Leeson. Relaxed art tuition in the artists home and studio at Plumstead. Tailored to your needs you can improve on or learn techniques, develop ideas, discuss and critique work, decipher and understand the nutty mutterings of contemporary fine artists. Tel.01263 570151 Mobile no. 07901600476 email@example.com
Linda H Matthews offers private painting and drawing tuition for individuals and groups from two hours to a week, as well as structured leisure painting holidays, in most media, at her studio in Ludham Bridge NR29 5NX Contact Linda Matthews on 07961 813885
- Printmaking Classes offered by accomplished artists/tutors Annette Rolston and Marilyn Jeffries
- Sculthorpe Art Classes with Rosemary Carruthers (contact 01328 863179)
Sing for Joy! with Teresa Verney: weekly singing for all, regardless of ability, in Binham, Gresham and Cromer. Contact Teresa on 01263 570117
Vocal Chords is a community choir singing world music in East Ruston Village Hall. Contact Stephanie Anderson on 01692 583400
‘Voices Plus’ bi-annual sociable singing workshops for adults, led by local choir and ensemble director, Jane Wells. Jane will guide you through some relaxing vocal warm-ups into singing in harmony a set of contrasting songs selected from folk, gospel, African to medieval sources. All ages and abilities welcome. Advance booking concessions available. Contact Jane on 01328 838811 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sing your Heart Out is a series of singing workshops designed to get people together to enjoy themselves, and to gain the known benefits to mental health from singing.
- Bellydancing is on offer in North Walsham, Kelling and Letheringsett
The Garage offers an extensive public class programme in various dance styles and is for a range of abilities and ages.
North Walsham Dance runs Egyptian Dance classes on Monday evenings, workshops and Haflas at various venues in North Walsham. Contact Jane Barrett
Dianne Davies teaches Egyptian Bellydancing for beginners at Kelling Studios, Kelling Estate, The Street, Kelling NR25 7EL, near Holt, most Wednesdays 7-8.30pm. Price is £6 with discount available for booking a block of 10 consecutive classes.
Contact Dianne on freephone 0870 0464131
IDTA Dance Schools in Norfolk
For reading, creative writing and poetry events start with your local library
We also have local poetry and reading groups:
- Cley Poetry Circle meets fortnightly to read and discuss poetry and organises annual events around National Poetry Day. Contact Helen Birtwell on 01263 821012
- Fakenham Poetry Circle meets monthly in 'The Shed' on 2nd or 3rd Friday of the month. Bring your own poems or a favourite poem to read out. Contact Kay Hathway 01328 863586 or Anna Coburn 01328 855168 for details.
Last Thursday is a group for disabled writers who use email for writing and sharing ideas. Each member of the group has a turn to select a topic and members respond in any writing style they choose, emailing their endeavours on the last Thursday of each month. The group is disability led and welcomes any and all Norfolk disabled people with a keen interest in writing and email access.
Contact Natalie on 01953 713396
Poetry-next-the-Sea organises an annual poetry festival in Wells-next-the-Sea
- Sheringham Readers Group meets on the second Wednesday of every month at The Friends Meeting House, Cremer Street, Sheringham. New members are always welcome. For more details please contact Carol Dancer on 01263 822415
- Cromer Library Reading Groups include Crime Fiction and a group for those with visual impairment
If you’re interested in writing, look here for information on events and writers’ services: